Monday, May 9, 2011

Our prayer requests

Please consider praying with us on our journey. We would be so blessed by your prayers!!
§         The following verse reminds me that so much of life is not “if” something happens, but “when”. May I remember this in the months to come.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
Isaiah 43:2
§         Resting in God’s providence for our unborn child. We have an ultrasound tomorrow and I must trust God’s will, regardless of the outcome. I ask God for this baby to be healthy.
§         Protection for our family, specifically my pregnancy while we are in Ethiopia. Hepatitus A, B, typhoid, polio, diphtheria as well as other vaccinations are recommended (not required! Phew!) by the CDC.  Amos has received most of these but I cannot, due to most of them being live vaccines which would be harmful during pregnancy.
§         Let my heart rest in God’s loving hands especially after we see our son in his orphanage and then have to leave him there and return home.
§         Continue to train my heart to “wait on the Lord” for so many things, the ultrasound results, when we return home and wait for the next travel dates to bring our son home and trusting that God will provide for the final trip, especially if Amos travels alone.
§         Asking God for the second trip (often referred to as the embassy trip) to come very quickly so we may have more time to spend with our new little guy before our newborn arrives and that perhaps I could travel again. I so want to spend as much time as possible in my son’s homeland, taking it all in so I can share it with him later! Wouldn’t that be such a blessing!! Plus, the adopting family is required to stay in Ethiopia, I believe for eight days and I just want to be there for it! If not, may God truly bless the time Amos will have with our little guy!
§         May God knit our heart together! Our future son is “not flesh of my flesh nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own.” Amos and I have been dreaming of this adoption for years and now in days we will meet the child God planned for us. Sometimes I can hardly fathom it all. Why did God choose me, was He crazy (He knows I am kidding…)? I feel so loved, so valued to be trusted with so much. The One who created me, made within me a deep desire for family. And then has led me on a journey with Him, revealing in the waiting who He is. I feel so blessed. Only God knew I needed to wait on Him, relying on His plans for what would truly bring me happiness, not something I could create myself.

What an awesome God we serve,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment